Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Project 365: Day 271

Time to prep for Thanksgiving! This year we're going to two Thanksgiving day feasts - well one on Thursday and another one on Friday. All in all, I'm making two batches of home made cranberry sauce, a pumpkin pie, butternut squash casserole, and green bean casserole. On Wednesday I made the cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie because they both taste better when they're refrigerated over night. The cranberry sauce was a piece of cake, but the pie presented it's own problems. 
 
Mostly, the problem was that I didn't know I was making a pie until Wednesday morning so Nick had to go to the store at the height of the pre-Thanksgiving craze and they were out of pretty much everything I needed - in particular a pie crust.  He did come through, though, and brought home a pre-made graham cracker pie crust that I made do with. 
 
This is the firs time ever I made a pie with real pumpkins so I'm super excited to try it out!!!!
Unfortunately, due to the fact that I did not have a sturdy pie pan (just the aluminum pan that the crust came in) I fumbled on removing the pie from the oven, thus resulting in a less-than-desirable outcome.
I was PRETTY PISSED when it happened, but the show must go on. I'm gonna slap some whipped cream on the sucker and serve it anyway. I think it's gonna be goood!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment