Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Project 365: Day 249

Spaghetti Squash!!!
Yum, Yum, Yum!!

I'm so excited that I finally got to try this recipe that I found like 6 months ago on Pinterest. This morning just as I was about to go grocery shopping, I decided that I was going to take advantage of the fall season and buy me some spaghetti squash.  I took out my trusty iPad and looked up the recipe from the grocery store parking lot. After reviewing it for a couple of minutes I realized that it was actually SUPER easy - cut open the spaghetti squash, scoop out gunk, brush it with olive oil, bake for 30-40 minutes (open side down, oven at 375). Then, use a fork to scrape the sides into "spaghetti"
After that, all I had to do was top it with meatballs, spaghetti sauce, and cheese and pop it back in the oven until the cheese melted!

Due to Hurricane Sandy, our work email was down all day so I had some extra time on my hands and decided to take it up a notch by making homemade spaghetti sauce (in the crock pot, of course) and homemade turkey meatballs!
The meal was a HUGE success, if I do say so myself! If you haven't tried spaghetti squash before, now is the time to do it. It's hard to find outside of the fall season so take advantage and buy one now. It was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This post is making me so hungry! I haven't had spaghetti squash since last autumn. Man I love all squashes - fall is my favorite season! I'm going to try this out tomorrow; great treat for after-midterms. =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found my blog. I checked yours out and it looks like u spent some time in Taiwan? My Fiance and I lived there for a year (2009) and that is basically when i started blogging. We lived in Taichung. where were you? I miss it so much - especially the food, my scooter, KTV, and of course my friends. do u have nay more posts on your time there? i love Taiwan blogs!!

      Delete