Monday, October 1, 2012

Project 365: Day 220

Crock Pot Cookin' in Full Effect!!!
 I have to say, the whole crock pot freezer cooking thing is really amazing! I definitely need to tweak the recipes (for example, this meal was BBQ chicken, but the flavor was a little weak and more tomato-y than BBQ-y. I think it would actually be really good to add more tomato sauce ingredients and then serve it over spaghetti next time!) BUT it's working out really great. We flew home from PA on Sunday evening and on Monday had enough food in the house to scrounge up breakfast and lunch, but nothing that would serve as dinner. Being that I was back on the road again on Tuesday, the last thing I wanted to do was go to the grocery store. No problem-o. I just grabbed a bag from the freezer and threw it into the pot! We had a great home made meal ready for us when we got home from the YMCA - lots of veggies and the moistest chicken you could ever want. It was the best $30 I ever spent!!
(i had a weird effect on my camera when i took this picture - accidentally - but even though it made nick's face a bit over exposed, i like how the plate is all steamy - dinner was good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment