Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Project 365: Day 214

On to Boston for work, my first trip of many this month. I made a pit stop in down town Boston to have dinner with my friend from College, Krystal.  Then for the surprise of the evening, she took me to the last Red Sox home game of the season. She gets an amazing discount for Sox games (her tickets are only $5 each) because she's a resident at Brigham Women's Hospital. The ticket window was closed when we got there (the third inning) though, so the guy at the entrance let us in for free!!! A Red Sox game at Fenway for free?! Can't beat that deal, right! It was a beautiful fall evening and the icing on the cake was that I got to see the Red Sox lose at home! hehe.
Despite being the home of the Red Sox (and thus their fans) I have to say, they have a really great ball park. It reminds me of Kennywood - an old amusement park in Pittsburgh - very charming and intimate. It was great!
Happy 100th birthday to Fenway! Good times were had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment