Thursday, April 12, 2012

Project 365: Day 48

Today was a good day. I'm gearing up for my big torturous trip to Miami tomorrow, so I've been spending the week cleaning the house, getting all unfinished tasks off my desk, and working on general wellness so that I can at least go into the week as prepared as possible. Today I managed to completely clean out my inbox and take care of all outstanding customer needs so that is a huge breath of fresh air. On top of that I made it to Lamar's class which always makes me feel good, and did 4 loads of laundry! (what can I say, I'm kind of a stud).

By 5:00 I was already packing for my trip (unheard of!) and decided that I'd try to make a 6:00 yoga class to get my chi in order. I called Nick asking for the car, but he was stuck in Rockies traffic so I decided to try to bike it to my class - which just happens to be 5 miles away and according to Google Maps is a 28 minute bike ride from my house.

It was 5:30 when I finally got my stuff together to head out the door, but I figured that I'm in pretty good shape, I can beat the Google Maps estimate and make it to class! I had my brand new helmet on and my brand new travel yoga mat in my bicycle's basket and I took off to my Yoga class (I should just give up now, move to Boulder, and start making my own granola!)

Half way there (after hitting ever freaking red light in rush hour) I realized that there was a pretty good chance I wasn't going to make it, but I was on a mission to relax - determined not to give up. I was huffing and puffing up hills, running stop signs and red lights, and extending my head out over my handle bars as if that motion might help to propel me there just a bit faster.  At 6:01 I pulled my bike up to the front of the studio JUST as the instructor was turning the key to lock the door (they lock the door during classes so that no one can disturb the yogis). "NO! WAIT!" I yelped, but to no avail! She turned her back on me and disappeared into the studio.... I pressed my hands up against the window and tapped my bike helmet on the glass a couple of times, hoping she might let me in, but I was too late. 

Realizing at this point that this studio is way too far to bike to in the future, I still thought I would ride home at a much more reasonable pace and time myself just in case I ever decided to try this again.  I figured it must have taken me exactly 30 minutes to get there because I left my house at 5:30, so I was expecting about a 40 minute return trip.  Imagine my surprise when I arrived at home and my stopwatch clocked the ride at 25 minutes!!!! Either I left way later than I thought I did (not unlikely) or all that busting my ass did absolutely NOTHING for my time.... how pathetic!!

O well, at least I got a little workout in and made it home in time to cook dinner for my sweetie (or should I say sweaty! He was still huffing and puffing from his own workout at the gym when he came home and immediately sat down to dinner!
 The last night we'll have dinner together until next Friday... boo hoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment