Thursday, July 9, 2009

Karaoke Picture of the Day!

Every time I write a KTV post, I think it will be the last one... but inevitably I continue to find KTV popping up in the least expected (and most delightful) places.


Last week, I was in the check-out line at Carrefour, Taiwan's equivalent of Walmart, when I began staring off into space. After a brief moment of day dreaming, I snapped out of it and realized that my eyes hand landed upon an old man singing karaoke all by himself at the front of the store.



In an apparently successful attempt to market the Nintendo Wii to their Taiwanese customers, the store had a game station set up to play Wii Karaoke. (Brilliant marketing, if I do say so myself!)



He looked like he was having a grand ole time, and didn't seem to mind one bit that he was all alone.



You gotta love it!

1 comment:

  1. Taiwan in this way, is same as Russia. 80 % of people think that they can sing, and they do.
    switch on the the TV - most popular channels at prime time will show some kind song contests - young guys and girls are having their 5 minutes of fame.

    ReplyDelete