Monday, June 29, 2009

TED Talks

TED (Technology, Entertainment, and Design) is an invitation-only conference where the world's leading thinkers and doers gather to find inspiration and share their knowledge.

One of the awesome things about this conference is that most of the talks are great AND they are all recorded and published on line for anyone to watch.

Last Friday, Nick and I spent our entire afternoon watching TED talks - and I don't feel like we wasted the day at all. On the contrary, I feel like I bettered myself!

I highly recommend anyone who is interested in hearing some great talks by some of the most intelligent people in the world right now to go check out their website (
http://www.ted.com/).

Below I have embedded two of my favorite talks that I have seen thus far:

This first one is Dan Gilbert asking the question: Why are we Happy?




And the second one here is a really interesting one about some phenomena that occur in the brain... crazy stuff!


Anyway, next time you catch yourself watching something mindless on YouTube, check out some TED videos instead... you'll feel much better spending an hour learning something than you would if you were watching someone taser themselves!

2 comments:

  1. You have to watch this one - this is one of my favorite and is from last year's TED conference. I'm going to watch the talks you posted tonight and comment again, I'm sure!

    http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are Ted Talks in Taiwan too... check em out.

    ReplyDelete